I don't think that it is really any of our business what HOT does with
its funds.

I do consider it slightly ironical that HOT is approaching non-HOT OSM
for funds to distribute to what are in the end OSM groups though, surely
we can do that ourselves if it should be done at all.  Wouldn't we
rather want to spend our money on making groups dependent on us (as in
larger OSM and the OSMF) and not on an organisation we don't control at
all? Making that process transparent is then in our hands (see my
suggestion to have funds dissemination to be done by a different group
than the OSMF board).

Simon