Hi Simon,

      The well known German company Lufthansa Technik offers different
      training courses in the domain of drones [1], including the excellent
basic
      free online course (Kostenlose Basisschulung). After this course
      one may try to pass an online exam and receive a certificate. I
      passed this exam, and here is how this certificate looks like [2].

      There are certainly understandable limitations for unmanned
      aircraft usage for numerous good reasons. However, there are
      usually mechanisms of getting a permission for a certain flight
      mission. The authorities take into account the aircraft type,
      weight, characteristics, safety record, pilot's qualification,
      timing, purpose, etc.
      What is important to realize is that by doing a work in the
      airspace one becomes an integral part of the aviation. And there
      are certain rules in the aviation which are to be studied and  followed.
If there is a serious organized approach, I do not think that it is
impossible that a silent electric mapping glider with the weight of 1 or
 2 kilograms could be allowed to fly over urban areas at the altitude of
 about 100 meters early in the morning, from time to time.
      For those who know German language the Lufthansa Technik online
      training course would be a good starting point. I takes just
      several hours to complete.

      [1] https://www.safe-drone.com/de/
      [2]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11H1J-uZ1Ym8CPq45W1-ZH9uxGlFtdjzo/view?usp=sharing