Hi Florian,

Here is the photo [1] of my DIY Tiny Trainer RC airplane, which I built from the FliteTest speed build kit [2]. This is the 4 channel plane (ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle). It flies surprisingly well. Actually, it can even perform basic aerobatics.

At the store page there is a video which shows detailed build. Josh Bixler explains in this video each step very well.

It took me about 4 hours to build it (mostly watching video).  The only special equipment required is the z-bend pliers, easily available at any RC shop. Building involves the usage of the hot glue gun and cutter knife (which could be extremely dangerous if not used correctly).

These speed kits are a good way to learn the grand ideas and detailed technics of building an aircraft, especially for someone who never built one. After building from a speed build kit it would be much easier to build from scratch.

The airframe itself costs 25.- USD, and the power-pack (engine, ESC, 4 servos, propeller, cables) pack costs 52 USD. The power-pack can be later reused for other projects.

As for a newbie to learn piloting without an autopilot I would recommend the RealFlight simulator [3]. It is also quite helpful for advanced pilots to learn maneuvers which in the physical world may inadvertently destroy an expensive aircraft.

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-yo05crBfbd64wYGhkJEgeWtjPVPV-GX/view?usp=sharing
[2] https://store.flitetest.com/mighty-mini-tiny-trainer-speed-build-kit/
[3] https://www.realflight.com/

With best regards,