Hi,

On 29.06.2018 13:44, Simon Poole wrote (quoting Wikimedia):
> Add the missing names to OSM in your language.

I think that this simply means we need much better name QA in the
future, and must not be afraid to remove names that don't belong there.
Until now we've practically let every language enthusiast add their
names to places far and wide without asking for sources; in the future
we should ask for verifiable sources.

We're ready to accept a local person's authority about local features;
but that doesn't mean that I as a speaker of German should necessarily
have the (un-questioned) authority to assign German names to places on
the other side of the planet.

I expect that a close look at international place names from this point
of view will probably enable us to get rid of quiet a few "Pont Neuf=New
Bridge" type names.

Bye
Frederik