I have two concerns about separate tags and they come from my validation
experience with HOT mappers.

The first is duplicate buildings.  When faced with 50 duplicate buildings
in a village if I'm feeling good I'll use the to do list to look at each
pair and delete the one that is the one that least matches the building
outline.  I must confess I do not try to contact the mapper who mapped last
time.  If I or someone like me deletes the outline with the additional add
tags on it the information will be lost.

I note Blake was kind enough to delete some 500 duplicate buildings very
recently very quickly.  He may not have had a changeset discussion on each
one.

The other concern is the use of copying buildings by HOT mappers.  It is
purely a suspicion of mine but I often see a cluster of buildings of
exactly the same size when the underlying buildings are different sizes.
Copy a building with an addr: address code and all the copies will have the
same address.

Something else to check when validating and we know there aren't enough
validators already.  Also its very difficult and time consuming to check
when validating and few validators like validating buildings.

Same topic how do you protect against vandalism?  Someone deliberately
changing the address codes?  Vandalism shouldn't happen but adding the
codes separately adds a vulnerability.

Would someone who imported the codes please address my concerns.

Thanks John