On 13.08.18 19:46, Daniel Koć wrote:
W dniu 13.08.2018 o 18:37, Jo pisze:

I also don't see a reason to add the OLC codes in tags in the
database, even if marked on a building.
Since buildings are not guaranteed to fit into OLC rectangles and they
not 1:1 compatible, this usage makes sense for me.

The OLC could be used also in property titles, for creating a real estate market where it could not exist before. Given - the OLC is created from coordinates by a mathematical formula and vice versa.

However, the idea was to give an address to 4+ billion people, the majority of the planet population, who at the time being do not have any.

Waiting until the houses are numbered and streets are named may take quite some time, - just type in google search "slums" and see the images tab.

So if it is not allowed to write the OLC as an address, what should people write if they do not have house numbers and street names? Nothing? Leave it empty as before?

Regions with classic addresses are rather exceptions, the main part of humanity does not have them yet at all. And the idea of the OLC is to provide an address, not only as a location (coordinates), but also as a plaque, legal address, passport record, medical insurance, school records, etc.

I can only imagine how humiliating for say a child to say at school that he does not have an address.

However, it is too early to worry about a database. I would concentrate first on implementing the generation of OLC and a search for OLC at the osm.org , i.e. creating an open source standard for an address in cooperation with Google Maps and others, similar as browsers agreed on HTML, JS, URL, DNS, SSL open standards. And then it will be seen how people use it.

Best regards,

O.