Hi,

On 16.08.2018 09:56, Christoph Hormann wrote:

Btw I have commented on this changeset. Apparently the main use case is
having a general indication of "there are people living here".

In a way, it's what we did in Western Europe when we only had Landsat
imagery: "Uh, this looks like a settlement, let's draw a grey blob" ;)

I guess it would look less silly if it had been created on a coarser
level. What we have here *suggests* precision due to the many nodes, but
in the end it's relatively random. Like if you specify the result of a
measurement as 4.35375423 when your error is +/- 1 ;)

A little buffering and simplifying would probably have been a sensible
idea. But then again, had they asked beforehand, it's possible that we
would have told them it's a bad idea to start with ;)

Bye
Frederik