Hi _dikkeknodel,

I have a question - how do you record a GPX trace during 20 km walk? It should be about 4 hours.

I also record GPS traces but usually for 15-20 minutes. I use a phone with the OSMTracker app for Android with mixed results. Sometimes it records a path well, sometimes it turns the second part of the walk into a long direct line. Such a trace I usually discard.

Besides it empties the phone battery rather quickly. I usually take a power-bank with me, but still it is not a good solution to get a phone battery empty in mountains.

I am thinking of getting a dedicated device which can record the GPX files, on the OSM map, and also measure and altitude more or less correctly. The question is - what device, what model.

Best regards,
Oleksiy