If you just want to see where you have been, desktop applications like QMapshack
and Viking are the best choice. QMapShack also allows you to store and organize
the GPX tracks in a database and has integrated routing services for trip
planning. It allows to chose about any OSM-based map as background as well as
many other online map and aerial image services.