On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 01:08:35PM +0200, Tomas Straupis wrote:
>   I had an actual situation 5 or so years ago when an address was
> mapped in Vilnius. Address does not exist in official records. The
> user sent me a picture of this house number. I contacted municipality
> ant they explained that the sign is not an official one, it means
> nothing, there is no such address.

It seems you haven't understood the on-the-ground rule 5 years ago and
you still haven't. For all intents and purposes there is such an
address. Mail will arrive there, people can find the house when looking
for it. It doesn't matter what the official record says. It doesn't
matter whether the address should be there or not according to some
authority. The address is there and it should be mapped that way. That
is what on-the-ground rule means. It works in practice. It works well.
And, yes, there are always corner cases. But that's no reason to
discredit the rule.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688