On 2/26/2019 10:58 AM, Michael Reichert wrote:
Hi Bryce,

Do you have any safeguards against POIs which do not exist any more and
whose domains are owned by domain sellers now? They often have a very
basic website with a message like "This domain is for sale." and some
advertisement. I would not be surprised if they support HTTPS (and maybe
HTTPS only) these days. Update website=* and similar tags would not be a
benefit to OSM but simulate some kind of up-to-dateness.

Best regards
Michael

Good point -- I've seen a fair number of these, though I can't say for sure if
any of them have been redirecting to https. If they're not yet, though, they
will soon, now that free trusted certs are widely available.

When the URL in question is still present on the POI's signage, I've been
changing website= to disused:website= for these (and for the 404s etc.)

Jason