In this case there are two things - motivation for spending time on edit and
effects of actual changes.

Motivation is not really important - it is not important whatever someone loves
letter s or wants to
improve security (and even if security is improved there was no point in
mentioning it).

No matter what is the motivation, result is that really boring update work will
be done
and OSM database will be sligthly more up to date.

I do not really care about "latest edit date will change" problem - this is
only heurestic and
extremely poor one to measure anything.

Feb 26, 2019, 3:39 PM by iknowjos...@gmail.com: