Andy, you could also use one of the example queries in sophox.org to find
all objects that are usually tagged with brand:wikidata=* (e.g. have more
than 10 instances of that), and find all other objects that use that same
value for wikidata tag.  The query currently finds over 15,000 such
objects, so it runs a ~minute, but limiting it to a 1000 shows up much
faster -- http://tinyurl.com/y5n42qlx

A random look at some of those features shows that many have both wikidata
and brand:wikidata set to the same value (which is surprising).

One relatively painless way of fixing those could be to using Sophox editor
-- essentially a query that will find all cases you want to fix, and allow
you to manually review each one of them (if you are familiar with the issue
and the area), and fix them. See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sophox_Editor