I assume that that way (powerline) was downloaded because it also has
nodes in the area you downloaded. JOSM will never complain about
objects that are not downloaded. Powerline ways tend to be long, so
the warning can easily be in another state, that is true.
Furthermore, I thought that it is not allowed to have nodes in a
powerline that do not have tags. So the suggestion to fix it, is a
valid one.
And it is not because JOSM warns about nodes without tags in a
powerline, that it allows you to solve that problem by clicking a
magical "Solve" button. You still have to add the tags yourself.

There is a magical "Solve" button in JOSM, but its capabilities are
limited (e.g. removing vehicle=yes on highway=residential and the
like), or merging 2 nodes that are lying on top of one another (at
least when the nodes have no tags).

regards

m.