Am Di., 28. Mai 2019 um 19:56 Uhr schrieb Dave F via talk <
talk@openstreetmap.org>:

> I notice these changesets were completed in 30/60 seconds respectively.
> I don't use iD. How is this possible? Does it have a JOSM like mass edit
> ability?
>
>    I don't see asking users to split the changesets as a solution to
> what is the clear problem of mass adding/amending tags to
> unknown/undocumented ones.

indeed, I see no way to judge whether the iD suggestion to change objects
from crossing=zebra to crossing=marked makes sense, because there is no
documentation of crossing=marked. Going by the words, probably any zebra
crossing can be seen as a marked crossing so it may not be introducing
errors, just reducing specificity/detail.

Cheers,
Martin