Another big advantage is that various tools can use this information
directly from the wiki, without any 3rd party sites - i.e. iD editor gets
new localized descriptions and images the moment they are updated in the
wiki - and we could store other info like validation rules and even solve
the "presets" conflict with this technology -- by storing the presets in
the data items - community would have a direct influence on what presets
should be. (TBD)