https://janaodaparaabastecer.vost.pt/ is a very interesting example. On my screen, the attribution clearly stretches longer than the width of the map.

It's funny that you mention that, i contacted them, they weren't even aware they were using OpenStreetMap. They even said their data was "open data", when in reality comes from Waze.... But hey they use OpenStreetMap tiles via Mapbox with a bit of shy attribution.

And seems Mapbox doesn't know how to set a proper hyperlink on that page it heads to https://www.openstreetmap.org/about/ instead of https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

But what's the arm? Mapbox logo, Waze and everything else comes first and get proper exposure like it should.

Is your opinion then that they should attribute similar to your European Commission example of "correct" attribution https://ec.europa.eu/transport/infrastructure/tentec/tentec-portal/map/maps.html, where some of the attribution is visible immediately, and the rest after clicking?

I see OpenStreetMap being attributed 100% of the time. Maybe they should just hide like our Corporate Member of OSMF.Or not even attribute at all, like the ones i shared yesterday.

And to Martin's point, which would you consider more important, the overlay of rare information, the gas stations, or the basemap? Or is the overlay only more important than the basemap if the overlay comes from OSM?
As i pointed out they didn't knew it was OSM. About the importance, let me remind you of Facebook reply telling me "static maps not being informative". Sure, if they are not just don't use them at all, a blank tile will look much better, feel free to use it instead.Attribution is really such a hard task to fulfill.

If you browse the portuguese press about VOST map, you will notice endless references to Waze. You know how many to OpenStreetMap? Less than one....zero. Another lovely opportunity loss to advocate for OpenStreetMap and open data.

Examples:

https://sicnoticias.pt/especiais/crise-energetica/2019-08-12-Vost-Portugal-disponibiliza-online-os-postos-onde-ainda-ha-combustivel
https://www.dn.pt/pais/interior/mapa-online-mostra-que-bombas-ficam-sem-combustivel-veja-aqui-11189237.html
https://4gnews.pt/waze-diz-te-quais-as-bombas-de-gasolina-onde-abastecer-nesta-greve-dos-motoristas/