As Martin (@ dieterdreist) mentioned above, even 200 pixels is plenty
of space for the 15 character long "© Openstreetmap": that gives you
12 pixels per character width.

For example, our rendering of "Upper Hutchinson"... (field) in Chicago
is only 81 x 12 pixels for 16 characters at 10 point font (rendered in
Mapnik at standard resolution). See:
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/42757252/73586817-17ca5100-44f6-11ea-8594-42ca9e8f980b.png
- just right of center.

If the small map is 200 pixels wide, the Openstreetmap copyright would
only take up 40% of the width, leaving plenty of room for another logo
or copyright notice.

Even if we ask for a 12 point font (14 pixels tall with white halo),
this would be about 100 pixels, which fits in half of the width of a
200 pixel window and less than half of a 250 pixel map.

But I would consider it ok to use  "© OSM" for a tiny watch screen or
tiny map that is less than 200 pixels wide (but more than 100 pixels).
It should only be necessary to use a tiny icon with a link to a
separate page if the screen or image is less than 100 pixels wide.

- Joseph Eisenberg