On Thursday 20 February 2020, Simon Poole wrote:

> > So the recommendation for small devices can and should only be that
> > if a data user uses OSM data under conditions where the usual
> > attribution is technically not possible or economically not
> > desirable they have to choose a different form that has *an equal
> > or larger likeliness of making the user aware of the OSM data use*.
>
> The ODbL requires the attribution to be "reasonably calculated ...",
> which includes, naturally, "where the user would typically expect to
> find attribution". That can, and will differ based on the actual
> device displaying it. There is no requirement in the ODbL that all
> devices need to be treated equally or the same.

Please read what i wrote carefully.  I specifically pointed out that
data users are free to attribute in any form they like as long as it is
equivalent or better in making the user aware of the use of OSM data as
the visible attribution in the corner of the map.  That an attribution
hidden under an 'i' visible only on user interaction does not qualify
as such is self evident i think.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/