sent from a phone

> On 28. Apr 2020, at 23:34, Kathleen Lu via talk <talk@openstreetmap.org>
> wrote:
>
> The FAQ is not the license. The license is the ODbL. The ODbL says absolutely
> nothing about whether attribution should be on a map or not. Read it here:
> https://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/index.html

I am not a lawyer, but wouldn’t it seem logical to look what others are doing,
when we must establish what this means: „ You must include a notice associated
with
the Produced Work reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses,
views, accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced
Work aware that Content was obtained from the Database,...“

It says „reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views,...aware“,
any. To me this reads as if it has to be put very prominently, it has to be
thrown into everyone’s face so that they become aware. Looking at the industry
standard seems a good indication to find out what is “reasonable”, would you
agree?

Cheers Martin