Am Di., 28. Apr. 2020 um 06:51 Uhr schrieb Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch>:

> Am 27.04.2020 um 19:49 schrieb Alexandre Oliveira:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'll try to be brief and explain the main problems that exist with
> > OSM's way of handling lack of (proper) attribution.
> >
> There was just a (nearly 100 messages) long thread on the subject here
> not to mention a longish consultation last year, with multiple in person
> sessions, which covered all the issues you touch on.

FWIW, it is a recurring topic and was discussed not only recently but many
many times in the past years. Some projects not attributing in a very
obvious way would not be tolerated by other data providers (e.g. Google,
Here), so it clearly isn't the industry standard of attributing map data to
have the attribution one or more clicks away from the map. Common
attribution requirements are _on_ the map.
Last year, we were told that a new official OSMF attribution guideline was
just about to be released. In March you let us know we should not "hold our
breath" for the new attribution guidance to come out any soon:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/2375#issuecomment-605423823

It does not mean we do not have such guidance, it is already there, in the
legal FAQ:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Licence_and_Legal_FAQ#Where_to_put_it.3F

"This credit needs to appear in a place that is reasonable to the medium or
means you are utilising. In other words, you should expect to credit
OpenStreetMap in the same way and with the same prominence as would be
expected by any other map supplier. Therefore:... For a *browsable
electronic map* (e.g. embedded in a web page or mobile phone application),
the credit should typically appear in the corner of the map, as commonly
seen with map APIs/libraries such as Google Maps."

Cheers
Martin