Am 12.05.2020 um 23:03 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via talk:

> May 12, 2020, 05:48 by rockyt...@gmail.com:
>

>     As Joseph said:
>
>         The attribution goes on the map.
>         This is not a difficult requirement to meet.
>

>         The most recent version of the guidelines
>         drafted by the LWG is almost there, but has drawn community
>         criticism
>         about being too generous especially w.r.t. initially hidden
>         attribution.
>

>     Is there anywhere I can share my two cents about the guidelines?
>
> I commented on
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Draft_Attribution_Guideline
> but I am unsure is it a good place because I got no reply.

Expecting a reply is unreasonable, taking the comments in to account not
(which we did).

> One may also join online meeting of a Legal Working Group
> and talk there.
>
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group
> "The group now meets every 2nd Thursday of the month, at 20:00 UTC, on
> Mumble <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble>, unless rescheduled."

As you know the LWG has handed the subject back to the board months ago,
not to mention that we provided ample time and venues to provide input
on the matter and that is long closed. Just because somebody wasn't
paying attention doesn't mean that you restart a process when they turn
up and feel they have a right to their opinion being heard*.

Simon

* that was one of the main reasons the OSM licence change was such a
traumatic experience.