(1) sorry for an empty email send earlier

(2) we have plenty of things that should not be added
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/mapper - single paid
 mapping group produced 800 000+ instances of an unwanted tag
(they promised recently to fix it)

(3) sometimes this tags are used to describe still existing remains
that is OK, though I would tag it differently
(map existing embankment rather that railway that used to
be located on still existing embankment)

(4) Wiki documents used tags, not just desirable ones
In some cases it documents tags as a very bad idea.

(5) Some people thought/think that mapping completely
gone objects in OSM is OK. AFAIK they used to be more
prominent in the past.

May 27, 2020, 01:40 by talk@openstreetmap.org: