Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 14:02:47 +1000
From: Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com>
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Should we map things that do not exist?

On 27/5/20 9:40 am, 80hnhtv4agou--- via talk wrote:
then why are there tags ?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Demolished_Railway
and if the platform posts are still there ?

Those tags are for things that are still there, if what remains is still
identifiable as a building/railway/road/bridge then that should be
mapped in OSM.

Historic things should be mapped into OHM, even if they are no longer
there or still remain ( a start and end date are usefull in OHM as a
date slider can be used to revel what is there at that date).

     Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:52 PM -05:00 from Jack Armstrong