I've noticed a number of highways being changed in Africa from unclassified to track and from unclassified to tertiary.    The ones I've noticed are Apple mappers usually with the comment of from Bing and often the highways connect settlements so should be a minimum of unclassified or path but not track.

African highway wiki  says it is difficult to classify highways without local knowledge above unclassified.  Track is fairly easy it doesn't connect settlements according to the wiki.

Do I get the impression we are talking targets here?  The paid mappers have to do so many edits to meet their targets and changing the classification using Bing is easier than adding to the map?

Do we care?  Is it is just something to be aware of.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Cheerio John
--