I've seen a lot of poor mapping get replicated in this way by newcomers copying the tags.

Cheerio John

Mike Thompson wrote on 2020-06-22 8:25 PM:

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 4:12 PM Mateusz Konieczny via talk <talk@openstreetmap.org <mailto:talk@openstreetmap.org>> wrote:

    Jun 23, 2020, 00:07 by miketh...@gmail.com
    <mailto:miketh...@gmail.com>:

        "except for the preceding, we follow OSM community norms."

    This should be enough to ban of all their mapping accounts until
    changing their plan
    (I assume that they either backtracked that or stopped editing)

They said that they were going to do some additional training for their staff.  They did give some indication they would make some changes, but I didn't follow up. Part of the problem is that another, non local, mapper got really enthusiastic a couple of years ago about changing all unpaved roads to highway=track.  Amazon Logistics people see this, and if they are adding a road, they perhaps compare it to the existing content nearby, and try to mimic that tagging.

Mike