> Rory McCann <r...@technomancy.org> hat am 29.10.2020 21:06 geschrieben:
>
> This just a social thing, not official announcements, so that doesn't apply. 🙂

Quoting from the commitment:

> For the purpose of this commitment, essential communications
> include:
> * Publications or consultations by the board, WGs, committees or
> other Foundation bodies.
> * Communications mandated by OSMF policies/guidelines/frameworks
> and similar documents.
> * Anything related to how the OSMF is governed, such as AGMs and
> elections.

So i suppose you will circumnavigate any subject related to OSMF governance or
the election and that you will not refer to what is going to be said there in
any future discussion of OSMF matters (because then it would need to be
considered as part of a consultation by the board).

> Regardless, you can read/vew it without needing to create an account, so
> essentially, there will be a web page you can read. 🙂

Quoting again from the commitment:

> By open platforms, we mean those that are accessible through
> open-source software and open protocols, and do not require an
> account at a third-party service to access. (Read-only public
> access is sufficient for one-way publications, but not two-way
> communications.)

By the way - reddit has been most notorious in making their platform
essentially inaccessible to anyone who does not sign up with them - i
frequently when following links from some search results to their platform have
not been able to view the actual content because it was hidden by javascript
nudging you to sign up.  So you should not make the assumption that content on
reddit is accessible to everyone (although i kind of think that in 2020 that
should be common knowledge for any proprietary corporate platform - just like
twitter, facebook etc.)

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/