Maps.me (or crap.me as it is known in some places) is a known bad actor:
* It disguises as made in Holland, when it is actually made in Moscow
by a company having close ties with the Kremlin.
* It does not clearly tell their uses they are using OpenStreetMap
data (therefore their users have a WTH moment when they receive a
message about their edits)
* It does not clearly tell their users they are actually changing
OpenStreetMap data, not their local "favourites"
* It updates its maps rarely and does not handle later changes in the
OSM database
* It leaves tons of crap data, crap notes etc. in my experience > 95% is trash.
* There is a very low chance of crap.me user answering (in my experience ~1%)

Therefore at least in Lithuania, after one year of attempting to treat
crap.me users as users of any other OSM editors, suspicious crap.me
changes are now reverted without wasting time on trying to contact
them.