Since you asked, I am a company employee myself and I fully support Michal in
following his company's official position. We are not talking about a matter
that would warrant whistleblowing, we disagree on an interpretation of a
license term we all agree is not very specific. All interpretations are
arbitrary, to know which one of them is (legally) right we would have to take
Facebook to court.

I agree with most of you that unless Facebook changes their position to
something much more proactive and aligned with the spirit of the project, no
one from the company should be allowed on the OSMF board. If, however, Michal
had managed to convince the company to do just that, it would make him, as a
Facebook employee, a very strong candidate.

Conversely, if Michal had left his job to avoid a conflict of interest, he
would obviously qualify but he wouldn't bring nearly as much value to OSMF.

-ndrw6