Hi,

there are some information about this on learnOSM [0] including apps to create
GPS tracks. I used OsmAnd, GPSLogger (nice for hiking because it has a lot of
power saving options) but currently I use OSMTracker to just create tracks.
Sometimes I want to create notes or photos but I use OsmAnd or GeoNotes for
that.

Hauke

[0] https://learnosm.org/de/mobile-mapping/