There are many and I have tools that can pick them out in a particular
area.  However to use them I inspect the building visually before deleting
one or the other.  Sometimes if the mapper has less than ten edits to their
name I may even skip adding a change set comment first.

However I do see many cases where the building or way appears to have been
uploaded twice and these I think could be handled by a bot which would save
my time and zap a substantial number.  I don't think anyone could object to
such an automated course of action whereas those that overlap really need
visual inspection to see which should be deleted.

Cheerio John