On 11/3/23 23:35, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

I think an automatic fix of the problem is possible, however it would be a good idea to try and find out what the root cause of the problem is - bad software, bad imports, bad instructions?

I have duplicated an entry the following way in JOSM;

save the data locally

download the data to OSM

exit from JOSM .. without a save locally after the upload.

Later, open the saved file in JOSM, possibly make further changes/addition and upload the date to OSM...

The locally saved file data indicates that the data has not been uploaded to OSM (even though it has) .. thus the second upload will duplicates all the changes made in the file..

I did catch this some time ago (years?) and have been careful since. But it is a way of doing it..

I think JOSM now has a warning for this?