"Ragone, Olivia via talk" <talk@openstreetmap.org> writes:

> We tend to use a standard changeset comment as it would be very
> difficult to capture details of every change. However, since receiving
> feedback on the Talk-GB mailing list, we have amended our standard
> comment to be more representative of the type of changes that have
> been made on individual properties.

I'm not in GB, btu this statement comes across as very unreasonable.
After taking the time to perform edits, it doesn't take long to describe
the change.  However, the real issue might be that the changes are not
viewed as obviously correct by all.  In cases like that I tend to
comment on my own changesets and explain at greater length.