I suspect the National Trust of which I happen to be a member is much more
centralised and top down than OpenStreetMap which tends to be more bottom
up.  It is a different culture and the OSM side has evolved over time.

I'd ask you to be nice to us and work with us where possible.  The OSM
volunteers can be very useful in filling in details on the maps.  The more
experienced ones are very good.  New ones involved in a mapathon depend on
who is running it.

Rose worked at one of the properties for a while and whilst she spoke four
languages and could get by in a few more she was surprised by the number of
different languages spoken by the visitors.  OSMAND is based on OSM and
currently is available in 45 different languages.  The data is the normal
internal OSM database and both the interface and content can be displayed
in the language of choice.  Names can be tagged in other languages,  for
example name:fr=Londres

This has been particularly useful locally when dealing with official
languages and I seem to recall the National Trust owns a few in Wales.

I suspect there can be a lot of mutual benefit if the two organisations can
work together.

Cheerio John