Le 20.04.23 à 20:50, Mateusz Konieczny via talk a écrit :
bot proposal: shop values cleanup

ok

For start I want to propose to people to review shop tags in their area
with undocumented shop values or ones documented as problematic.
See http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1u2o <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1u2o>

I find that this point has no place in a mass edition and it makes
your proposal less understandable
making 2 topics, one with mechanical editing of cases that do not require individual review and the other with a call for review of objects, would be more readable

tags with highest use, among ones that will be retagged
shop = chandler with 113 uses
..

and witch fix for thoses values ?

shop = local_shop → shop = yes (though looking at
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6771559662/history <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6771559662/history> and other - maybe
this import should be reverted due to dubious quality?)

I don't see the issue, addr:ward ?
let's talk about it in another thread

shop = retail → shop = yes
shop = Retail → shop = yes
shop = Retails → shop = yes
shop = generic → shop = yes
shop = ??? → shop = yes
shop = retailer → shop = yes
shop = retails → shop = yes

I think some of this may stem from the controversial decision to hide shop=yes in osmcarto, a decision I find incomprehensible. seeing that a shop exists is better than seeing nothing, even if the type of shop is not yet known (there is a rendering for highway=road)
not against... but we are regressing as much as we are progressing

add/remove s as needed - can I do this for all shop values where such
modification will change them to a searchable shop value present in iD
presets, also without going through review like this one?

"add/remove s as needed to match more common/preset"
is for me an acceptable rule

with trailing space at the end - would it be fine to do it also
with other known valid values (listed on Wiki or in iD presets as valid)
if they appear, without a separate bot proposal?

removing all trailing space is for me an acceptable rule

would it be fine to do it also with other known valid values
(snip '_shop', ' shop', ' store', '_store', '_products', ' products'

you meaning removing space and _ at both begin and end ?
if so yes

etc at the end of shop value if it produces valid shop type

and also if it's not an already documented/preset value

shop=patisserie

shop=bakery

shop=bijouterie

shop=jewelry