Apr 20, 2023, 21:54 by a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 at 19:50, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
> <talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> shop = chandler → shop = ship_chandler
>>

> In the UK at least, chandlers are more likely to cater for boats than ships.

removing from list then

>> shop = vaping → shop = e-cigarette> shop = vape_store → shop = e-cigarette
>>

> "vape" seems to be the more widely-used term, in the UK.

but it is the same shop type, right?
Note that https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop=e-cigarette is
established
value - do you think it is bad/misleading/unclear enough that we should have
both
shop = vape and shop = e-cigarette despite them being synonymous?

the same: see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop=collector
>> shop = unattended → shop = vacant
>>

> "Unattended" is not "vacant"; it can mean a place where one pays in an
> "honesty box", or uses vending machines.

good point that it should not be repeated without checking again
but currently every single use was added in meaning shop=vacant
(single mapper)

>> shop = for_rent → shop = vacant
>>

> Or is this a shop where one rents equipment? Or an apartment?

removed from list, back to asking mappers what they meant
(not sure when I will get to it, feel free to ask on changeset comments/via
notes)

>> shop = beauty33 → shop = beauty
>>

> Is "Beauty33" a name or brand?

very unlikely, trailing 2 or 3 after actual value is a common typo for some
reason
as one of very low use values with extra trailing debris I just fixed it
in https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/803800872/history
and removed from bot list

>> shop = herbs → shop = herbalist
>>

> Not necessarily the same; a herbalist does not sell cooking herbs.

removed from list, will ask mappers whether they meant
shop=herbalist or shop=spices (somewhere in year 2033 probably at
current rate, so feel free to find who added it and ask them
before I will do this)