On 24/05/2023 13:31, Greg Troxel wrote:
I just got spam from mapilio, implying that I was a "Mapilio
contributor".  This was, to my memory, the first I had heard of them.

Apparently, I am part of the "Mapilio Volunteer Community" according to a message I received at about the same time.

Thus, my approach will be to not deal with them at all and just block
their mail.

I am curious if anyone
   - thinks my assessment of the fundamentals is off
   - thinks there is a reasonable way to use their imagery in JOSM
   - anything else similar

There's continuing discussion at https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/mapilios-support-for-openstreetmap/99021/14 .  They may, I guess, come up with something useful; they certainly seem to be trying to do so, but appear to have not done so yet.

Best Regards,

Andy