Le 31/05/2023 à 09:25, Simon Poole a écrit :
Christian, does this relate in some fashion to Geovisio?

And a, I suppose, obvious observation: key for adoption in OSM would be an easy to access API for editing apps. Does that exist/are there plans for one?

Simon

Hello Simon,

Geovisio is the reference code base for the Panoramax project (think of Geovisio as one of OSM code stacks, and Panoramax as the OSM project as a whole).

What we try to do is to set open standards to allow different implementation of the common protocols to provide interoperability betweens instances. I would love to see local instances setup in the future all federated.

We decided to use an existing standard called STAC (Statio Temporal Assets Catalog) to avoid creating one more new standard. Geovisio originally has its own API, but now moved to STAC which is REST/JSON.

Anybody implementing a STAC API based viewer should be compatible. This API allows to search for pictures based on time and location (at least). Pictures are organized as collections.

The current work is focused on uploading pictures, bluring them to respect privacy, access them thru the STAC API used by the Geovisio viewer.

The additional pieces that would be great to have next are: mobile app to capture pictures, usefull object detection for OSM reuse (I'm working on road signs), OSM editors integration.

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France