I think this is much simple and better, u don't need cron.d:

 # fetchmail -d 60
(delay every 60 second to fetch e-mail)

u can put this command for many users or u can make .fetchmailrc on user root, write
command like this ex:
poll (your mail server) with proto APOP user (username) there with password
"(password)" is (username) here fetchall nokeep

note: I assume u use APOP

--Zz--