About one bit in particular:

> That’s to bad. Maybe we should state this more explicitly in the intro…?
> According to our charter, while taps itself is chartered to describe "an
> (abstract) interface for applications
> to make use of Transport Services“, this first document is only used to
> "identifying the
> [components] provided by existing IETF protocols“ as a starting point.
> Further we would like to add some discussion in section 4 which of the
> identified components should/can be exposed as a transport feature that the
> app should see. [Note that the terminology changed and whenever services is
> written in the charter it should basically be component.]

This confuses me.

draft-ietf-taps-transports-04 defines a "Transport Protocol Component" as "an
implementation of a transport service feature within a protocol."
I'm fine with that definition but I can't see why this should replace "service"
in the charter. The first document should list the services provided by
existing IETF protocols, that's how to get started. Additionally listing
components is probably fine if that helps explaining how services are
constructed, but the focus is on what transports provide - services.

Cheers,
Michael