> On Jan 24, 2018, at 3:53 AM, Mirja Kühlewind <i...@kuehlewind.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> this change rather removed the restriction to not analyze features of
> security protocols (other than tcpinc); this is mainly the first sentence. As
> we see a closer integration of TLS with QUIC and we in general think that
> security features are important, it is actually an important change to allow
> us to do some additional work in this space.

I had read that to just move the restriction not to work on security into the
“out of scope” section above, but I can see that there could be a difference
between “won’t work on security protocols” and “won’t analyze the features of
security protocols”. Were those statements intended to prohibit substantially
different things?