Hi,

> On 23/07/2019, 10:31, Tommy Pauly wrote:
>> […] if you don't require reliability, then a UDP protocol stack is
>> equivalent to a message protocol over TCP. If you do require
>> reliability, then those aren't equivalent.

Another important difference between TCP and UDP are Message Boundaries.
So in some cases, TCP + Framer may be equivalent to UDP.

We probably don't want to put that in the Architecture draft, but a
Framer can essentially provide the "Message boundaries" property, thus,
making TCP equivalent to UDP if Message boundaries are required, right?

Maybe that's something for Implementation draft? But the application may
also want to know about the possibility to essentially use TCP or UDP
without having to change (much)? Thinking about DNS, even if there may
be more stuff to consider here, such as the EDNS0 features Ted Hardie
mentioned.

Best,
Theresa