Hi Joe,

Yes, I completely agree. The current text in -arch expresses this as:

   2.  Both stacks MUST offer the same transport services, as required
       by the application.  For example, if an application specifies
       that it requires reliable transmission of data, then a Protocol
       Stack using UDP without any reliability layer on top would not be
       allowed to replace a Protocol Stack using TCP.  However, if the
       application does not require reliability, then a Protocol Stack
       that adds unnecessary reliability might be allowed as an
       equivalent Protocol Stack as long as it does not conflict with
       any other application-requested properties.

If you think we can clarify this any further, let me know!

Thanks,
Tommy