Buck White's got a piece of nylon cord wrapped around his end pin and
through the strap too. Same thing; the strap came off the endpin of
his Gil(the one his son-in-law bought him) and went headfirst onto the
floor. No damage that I remember him telling me, but he learned the
lesson right then. Ah, you think maybe we should all just start
playing cheap mandolins and relax?

Nah...<G>
Tater