All this tenor guitar talk gets the juices flowing!

As a related 'aside', I'd love to get my hands on a mandola and just
watching all those Cook Shack tunes with Joe N & Mike playing that
Duff beauty got me thinking. Is it possible to get a half decent
instrument (most likely pre-loved) in exchange for a top condition
Eastman F5 MD615?

If anyone has any suggestions about what might be available in the
mandola range for  say $1,000 - $1,500 AUD or as an exchange, I'd love
to hear about it.
I like the idea of having even more diversity as a duo by adding the
mandola and/or tenor guitar. Bo says he can pick on banjo (yet to see
evidence of this) :-) and I'm reluctant to take up the spoons just
yet.

Anyone got a decent mandola tucked away that fits this description?

All feedback/comment/discussion truly welcome.

Spoonstein Kid