Mississippi Palisades is a state park in Illinois. Chirps, like myself, is a
former FIB (in mixed company: Fine Illinois Brethren) that now calls Wisconsin
home... currently, the whole state of Wisconsin is painted red due to Badgers
playing in the Rose Bowl today (GO BUCKY!). Sorry, I digress...

"Located near the confluence of the Mississippi and Apple rivers in
northwestern Illinois, the 2,500-acre Mississippi Palisades State Park is rich
in American Indian history."

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r1/palisade.htm