Greetings Dieter,

          That seems consistent with my experience, as I had an Epson
          Actionlaser 1500 which worked perfectly, then when I moved
          to the Epson Stylus Color 860 I had the problem.  Took me
          awhile to figure out, simply reinstalling the driver failed
          to rectify the problem on '98, and it remained on ME until I
          completely removed all traces of the driver from
          the system, then installed from scratch.  However that may
          be due to ME and '98 while I am unsure what Peter is running.
          Of course Cees says he had no problems with Whistler...

Cheers,
Scott