Greetings -=/ Cees /=-,

          Hmmm, as I recall I downloaded the latest version as well,
          but simply reinstalling it over the other failed.  I was
          running 98SE at the time, and when I moved to ME (by doing
          an upgrade ---very bad Idea), the problem continued.

          I actually ended up removing all traces and reinstalling
          before it worked.  Whistler though uses the new NT based
          driver model correct?  ME can (insofar as I recall), but
          defalut ME drivers tend to be the 9X driver model so I'm not
          particularly surprised you aren't seeing the problems we
          are/were  Unless of course you are using an 9X driver...

Cheers,
Scott