Hello Ian,

Monday, June 14, 2010, 8:29:24 AM, you wrote:

IAW> Actually, the only issue for me is not that The Bat! is moving to a
IAW> "subscription"model, but that the language used cloaks it in something
IAW> else.

Well whether it is called 'subscription' pricing or not, does not
really bother me. For me, what maters is what you get and how much it
costs.

IAW> The issue with subscription software is not that you pay an annual
IAW> subscription to use it, but that your data becomes locked to a
IAW> particular piece of software.

I certainly understand =that=, and I have to say that I am surprised
that no one else has the ability to import autocad files. I know that
was not always the case. A company where I worked used SolidWorks and
it could import autocad. Of corusse that =was= a while ago. Anyway ...

Nothing I have seen discussed so far changes the ability of TB to
import/export  messages, so I am not sure what you are concerned about
here.   If it is not a problem now, why would it be a problem with the
new payemnt system that changes nothing in how the program works?

 MikeD                            mailto:miked_...@verizon.net
Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows Vista 6.0 Build  6002
Service Pack 2