> probably compromised) SSL servers. That's why our core users value us:
> the  system  administrators  put The Bat! to their users and can sleep
> well. The users won't send a message to a compromised servers. This is
> the unique trait of The Bat! and we don't want to loose this niche.

Before any word: we, who are against the current method, also want TB
to be the best. Hey, I am making money from it, and believe me, I dont
look for short-term solutions to quickly get customers, I need
customers who are satisfied. Best advertisement, least support if no
problem with the software, more income on the long run.

After this pledge: TB is inconsistent on an area related to this
topic. And that is to allow running attachments with certain
extensions. By default, the user is not allowed to run files with exe,
pif, etc. extensions. But he has the right to modify that list in the
Settings. So, the user CAN compromise his system via the "help" of TB.
This current topic is very similar, I think.

Max: you will not lose that niche, if you do everything you can
protect the user, but give them the CHOICE.

I think, we all agree here at the list that the best solution would be
this: if there is a problem with the certificate,
then a big red warning window appears with the reason clearly stated.
List the possible issues, but let the user decide. Say something about
"contact your administrator", "your system may be compromised", BUT
give the user the choice to be dumb and go ahead. Sometimes the small
companies will not update their certificate, financial issues, and
then TB is dead... You dont want that.

This is my two eurocents, Vili